Sunday 5 July 2009

Very Superstitious

Are you superstitious?

I inadvertantly broke a mirror at home today.

It's a bit blowy round these parts this afternoon, but very warm as well, so in an effort to create a bit of a breeze through the office without wasting power by switching the desk fan on, I've opened the window, the door, the bathroom window and the bathroom door.

When I've done this before, the bathroom mirror (freestanding, on windowsill) has been content to remain in its given spot, even on windier days than today.

Not today.

Today the mirror has it in for me. When my back was turned, it performed (or so I like to think) a double pike off the windowsill before executing a dying swan leap into the sink.

I think I should just forgo any energy-saving techniques for today to get revenge against the universe in an effort to balance out my karma.

"Universe, if you're going to bestow me with seven years' bad luck, I'm
going to warm up Earth for a bit by leaving my TV on standby. HAH!"



Only, I don't believe in superstition*. So my TV is not on standby and I need to buy a new bathroom mirror tomorrow. Unless karma gets me first.

*But I don't walk under ladders. That's just common sense - who wants an arse crack-displaying, overweight painter to present my head with a heavy pot of Dulux?

No comments:

Post a Comment