Monday 6 July 2009

Drinking at work

Every once in a while, my employers will celebrate some acheivment, such as customers rating us better than our competitors or National Customer Service Week. Today is one such day.

Bucks Fizz is the order of the day (together with bacon rolls for breakfast) but not everyone's fond of champagne cocktails.



Buck's Fizz - not liquid refreshment




Buck's Fizz champagne cocktail.

Alcoholic refreshment for a Monday morning in the office.

I am, despite this being pre-mixed bottled Bucks. Happily, two people who sit on the same desk as me aren't, so I stupidly necked two glasses of Bucks before 10am.

Whoops!

I sorted myself out with a coffee (very helpful), but then I was given a third glass. Which didn't survive very long either.

Whoops!

Happily (?) I survived the day by refusing any more so I was properly sober by 5 o'clock. Despite being offered at least a half-bottle more. (I'd have decanted it into a screw-top bottle had I had one.)

*hic*


Chin chin!

No comments:

Post a Comment