Tuesday 14 July 2009

Chores

Yesterday morning I woke up and thought to myself, I shall be mindful. To this end my reaction was to stuff all my bed linen in for a wash. Bear in mind, dear reader, this was about two minutes before I absolutely, positively have to leave for work.

My inner genius strikes again!

This meant that, given a fight between me, the duvet and the duvet cover usually takes about fifteen minutes and invariably ends with me losing badly, sobbing in the corner, I left it until I got home last night to put fresh linen on the bed.

But only after I've made my dinner (lemon and dill sauce is heaven), eaten it, made lunch for today, watched Universally Challenged (stock answer: Dave. And yay, some of the questions were based on Gustav Holst's Planet Suite) and What To Eat Now (Valentine Warner is a naughty public schoolboy and I LOVE him - YUM! WOW!).


Valentine Warner models the latest in country gent fashion - eel cravat!


So in other words nine o'clock rolls around and I have to work up the energy to make my bed something I want to actually sleep on rather than curl up on the sofa watching The Wire* then stay there for the night.

To cut a potentially long story short, I didn't end up inside the duvet cover (hurrah!) and won the fight in about 45 minutes. Go me!

*Bad BBC! Putting such a good show on so late! BAD!

BBC schedulers: Omar Little gon' fuck you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment